When: 4 hours per week (could be more from October if interested) Flexible.
Role reports to: Fundraising Manager
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Contributing to the generation of vital funds for Crisis, raising money which will pay for services such as one to one support from a coach, adult learning sessions, or our Christmas events. You will do this by assisting our Fundraising Manager with admin, the preparation of fundraising initiatives, and updating supporter records.
This is an exciting time for Crisis in Scotland. We have made a lot of progress working with the Scottish Government on new Homelessness Prevention legislation and improving practice in Rapid Rehousing.
We can end homelessness in Scotland and you can help us to do this by engaging with our supporters, raising awareness and raising funds.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Confident IT skills
- Experience of using databases is desirable but not essential
- Methodical and good eye for detail
- Friendly with good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both listening and speaking
- Good time-keeping and reliability
- Non-judgmental, patient and friendly
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
- Be positive, productive and have a passion to help end homelessness
- Learn about homelessness and how we can end it in Scotland
- Opportunities for training and development
- Opportunities for collaborative working across teams
- Fundraising experience in a national organisation
- Experience supporting projects and events
- Opportunities to work with staff and clients
- Regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss how your volunteering is going and what other opportunities and training may be available to you together with an induction
- A platform for building confidence
- A reference from a reputable organisation
- Answering emails from supporters, sending resources
- Creating and maintaining supporter records on the Raiser’s Edge Database (training will be provided)
- Supporting staff with counting cash and processing donations as well as sending acknowledgement letters
- Collaborating with our Policy, Comms, Campaigns and Volunteering teams to increase supporters and provide the best possible supporter experience
- Researching and collating data on potential fundraising sources
- Assisting in admin tasks including scanning, filing and organising correspondence
We expect volunteers to comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times.
- Travel and lunch expenses are reimbursed where appropriate
- We strive to ensure that our services are welcoming, remain relevant and are fully accessible to everyone that we help and support. We are particularly welcoming of volunteers from diverse and other marginalised communities, as this helps us ensure the best experience for those that we are here to help. People who have lived experience of homelessness are also particularly welcome to apply.