When: At least 4 hours a week for a minimum of 1 month. Our Ecommerce hub is open Mon-Fri between 9-5pm.
Role reports to: Project Coordinator
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Volunteering in our E-commerce hub preparing, positioning, and presenting our quality preloved clothing and accessories to create compelling E-commerce imagery ready to be uploaded onto our online shop. Every item sold is unique, and all funds raised help Crisis support people on their journeys out of homelessness.
- A keen interest in fashion retail
- Aptitude to work with both flat lay displays and mannequin presentations.
- Attention to detail with a keen eye for strong visual aesthetic and presentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Stamina to stand or crouch down for long periods of time.
- Good timekeeping and attendance.
- Understanding of confidentiality and boundaries in a professional environment.
- A commitment to comply with Crisis policies, including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct.
- Minimum age of 18 years.
- A dynamic team within a new and growing e-commerce department.
- A creative and supportive environment with an unlimited supply of fun and energy.
- Gain invaluable experience and transferrable skills for career progression into commercial / creative Ecommerce styling.
- A comprehensive induction as well as ongoing training and support.
- An opportunity to grow your portfolio accompanied with a glowing reference for prospective employers.
- Lunch and travel expenses (and all the tea, coffee, and refreshments you can drink).
- Working collaboratively with the product Photographer to establish high quality ecommerce imagery and bring the products to life!
- Ensuring products are prepped before shooting. Items are steamed, lint rolled and looking their best before being photographed.
- Preparation of the styling kit ahead of each shoot, adapting to the season and products your photographing that day.
- Use a range of product styling techniques to position and present products to look their best.
- Styling Flat lay product according to the style guides for consistency across all product categories.
- Contribute creatively to updating our style guides seasonally.
- Follow a Workflow of checking off the completed stage on our Inventory sheets and highlighting any further condition issues missed at an earlier stage of product processing.
- Quality Assurance of post-production imagery – Making final image selects with the photographer and renaming images to match inventory before uploading to our internal shared workspace.
- Assisting with styling on the occasional creative or lifestyle shoot. Including arranging clothing into outfits to create inspiration shots for our Social Media following.
We expect volunteers to comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times.
- Travel and lunch expenses are reimbursed where appropriate
- We strive to ensure that our services are welcoming, remain relevant and are fully accessible to everyone that we help and support. We are particularly welcoming of volunteers from diverse and other marginalised communities, as this helps us ensure the best experience for those that we are here to help. People who have lived experience of homelessness are also particularly welcome to apply.