Location: In your local area
When: We encourage groups to meet on a regular basis to co-ordinate their activity, and this can be at a time that suits the group. The time commitment can also vary depending on the time of year, often increasing when the group is organising specific events.
Role reports to: Regional Fundraising Manager
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Joining a group of dedicated, passionate, empowered volunteer fundraisers to help raise the funds needed for our vital services. You will use your communications, events, and teamwork skills to deliver local fundraising events and collections in aid of Crisis.
The monies raised by your Fundraising Group will help fund services such as one to one support in finding a home or a job, helping people achieve learning goals, or supporting our Christmas events where we offer hot meals, access to essential services, and an introduction to our year-round services to leave homelessness behind for good.
You will be inspired by our vision to end homelessness, and in turn will inspire others to take action through organising fundraising activities. As well as raising vital funds you will also be helping us to influence your community and their beliefs, challenging the stigma around homelessness.
We need people who genuinely believe that if society works together, we can end homelessness.
- A strong team member, with a proactive positive approach to working as part of a group
- Willing to actively participate in group meetings, contribute ideas and be active in helping to make fundraising events happen
- Interest and experience in organising events (desirable)
- Good communication skills, confident talking to new people and representing Crisis
- Good organisational skills and reliability
- Non-judgmental, patient and friendly
- An understanding of the importance of adhering to policies and processes. Including confidentiality, data protection principles and maintaining boundaries
- A commitment to completing any training (including e-learning) required for the role
Fundraising in your local community is fun, a good way to meet people and gives a great sense of achievement.
- You'll have lots of opportunities to learn about the causes and effects of homelessness and how to engage others in the conversation to end homelessness.
- Fundraising and networking experience for a national organisation.
- The opportunity to share your existing or develop new skills in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Support from your Fundraising Group Lead to help you achieve your fundraising goals.
- Being part of a wide network of staff, volunteers and supporters all working together to end homelessness
- A reference for volunteering at a national organisation
- Attend regular Fundraising Group meetings to work collaboratively with the
- Fundraising Group lead and other members.
- Use your skills and knowledge to play an active role in making fundraising events and activities happen.
- Representing Crisis in your community, using your own networks to raise awareness of what needs to be done to end homelessness. This includes sharing our broader activities such as our campaigns
- Represent Crisis by attending fundraising and engagement events organised by others
- Ensure group activities comply with relevant fundraising regulations and Crisis policies and procedures; including ensuring monies raised are accounted for in line with agreed financial processes
We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and from people with disabilities
To help keep our staff, volunteers, and supporters safe, and ensure our fundraising is safe and legal, we expect all volunteers to comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times.
Travel and lunch expenses are reimbursed where appropriate.