When: One day a week ( with one hour break) or one shift of four hours per week, Monday–Saturday between 11.00-19.00, Sunday between 12.00-18.00.
Role reports to: Shop Manager
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Helping our shops to raise the necessary funds to support our functions and services to end homelessness. You will do this by volunteering in our shops with a motivated team of people in a fun and dynamic environment.
The role is based in Shop from Crisis Finsbury Park.
- Comfortable talking to people or prior customer service experience
- Flexibility in terms of the tasks you are asked to undertake
- To be able to work as part of a diverse team
- Good time-keeping and reliability
- Non-judgmental, patient and friendly
- Knowledge of fashion trends in clothing and household goods (desirable)
- Induction to your role and on the job training
- Workplace experience in a retail setting
- The opportunity to share and develop existing skills
- Support from a supervisor to discuss your volunteering and on-going development
- A platform for building confidence
- A reference from a reputable organisation (for character reference min. three months of volunteering)
- A variety of responsibilities including pricing, steaming, visual merchandising, customer service and operating a till
- Providing courteous and helpful customer service
- We expect volunteers to comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times
- Travel and lunch expenses are reimbursed where appropriate
- We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and from people with disabilities