When: Flexible -2-3 hours per week. Initially for 12 weeks with potential to extend.
Role reports to: Housing Coach
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Contributing to the help our Landlord liaison officer give to our members in supporting them to find their own accommodation and manage their tenancy. Your role will be office and community based and will include a mixture of admin tasks, contacting members by phone, supporting them to property viewings, communicating with landlords and supporting members with moving in and setting up home.
- Good time keeping, attendance and listening skills
- Confident in contacting people by phone and using careful questioning skills and active listening to gain information
- IT skills in using the Internet, Excel and updating databases
- Flexibility in terms of the tasks you are asked to undertake and ability to manage own tasks
- Non-judgmental, patient and friendly
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
- Be positive, productive and have a passion to help end homelessness
- Knowledge on housing would be beneficial but training will be given.
- Workplace experience in a national organisation
- The opportunity to share existing or develop new skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Opportunities to work with staff and fellow volunteers during the year and an invite to our member celebrations where you can help us recognise the achievements of our members
- Regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss how your volunteering is going and what other opportunities and training may be available to you together with an induction
- A platform for building confidence
- A reference from a reputable organisation
- Contacting members to inform them of upcoming properties and liasing with landlords
- Organising viewing appointments with members
- Supporting members to appointments to meet land lords and view properties
- Searching for properties for members
- Support with organising move ins and setting up home
- Feeding back to the housing team at Crisis
- Updating records in Excel and on MAPS
We expect volunteers to comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times.
- Travel and lunch expenses are reimbursed where appropriate
- We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and from people with disabilities