Location: In your local area
When: We encourage groups to meet on a regular basis to co-ordinate their activity, and this can be at a time that suits the group. The time commitment can also vary depending on the time of year, often increasing when the group is organising specific events.
Role reports to: Regional Fundraising Manager
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Leading a Volunteer Fundraising Group to help fund our vital services. Using your leadership and team-building skills you will empower a network of dedicated volunteer fundraisers to deliver local events and collections in aid of Crisis.
The monies your group raises will help fund services such as one to one support in finding a home or a job, helping a member achieve learning goals or supporting our Christmas events where we offer hot meals, access to essential services, and an introduction to our year-round services to leave homelessness behind for good.
You will be inspired by our vision to end homelessness, and in turn will inspire others. As well as raising vital funds you will also be helping us to influence your community and their beliefs, challenging the stigma around homelessness.
We need people who genuinely believe that if society works together, we can end homelessness.
- A good communicator, comfortable networking and talking to new people
- Good organisational skills and reliability. Able to plan and organise regular fundraising meetings and events (previous experience desirable but not essential)
- Can enthuse and motivate group members to play their part in successfully raising funds and awareness
- Confident in and willing to act as the face of Crisis in your local community.
- Non-judgmental, patient and friendly
- An understanding of the importance of adhering to policies and processes. Including confidentiality, data protection principles and maintaining boundaries
- A commitment to completing any training (including e-learning) required for the role
Fundraising in your local community is fun, a good way to meet people and gives a great sense of achievement.
- You'll have lots of opportunities to learn about the causes and effects of homelessness and how to engage others in the conversation to end homelessness.
- Fundraising and networking experience for a national organisation. Including event planning, relationship management and volunteer management.
- The opportunity to share your existing or develop new skills in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Support from your Fundraising Manager to help you achieve your fundraising goals.
- Regular meeting to discuss how your volunteering is going and what other opportunities and training may be available to you
- Being part of a wide network of staff, volunteers and supporters all working together to end homelessness
- A reference for volunteering at a national organisation
- Be proactive in organising regular meetings which bring your fundraising group together to organise a calendar of activity
- Actively recruit new members to help the group grow and flourish
- Encourage group members to use their skills and networks to coordinate the planning and organising of fundraising events and collections.
- Regularly communicate with your Fundraising Manager enabling them to support you and your group activities.
- Represent Crisis in your community, using your own networks to raise awareness of what needs to be done to end homelessness. This includes sharing our broader activities such as our campaigns
- Represent Crisis by attending fundraising and engagement events organised by others
- Ensure group activities comply with relevant fundraising regulations and Crisis policies and procedures; including ensuring monies raised are accounted for in line with agreed financial processes
- Be the person other group members ‘go-to’ for support - building a strong relationship with them
We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and from people with disabilities.
To help keep our staff, volunteers, and supporters safe, and ensure our fundraising is safe and legal, we expect all volunteers to comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times.
- Travel and lunch expenses are reimbursed where appropriate
- We welcome applications from all backgrounds and abilities