When: Start of December 2021 to 15 January (with 1 more day in January for handover), 2 days a week Monday-Friday between 10.00-16.00.
Role reports to: Christmas Manager
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Assisting the Crisis at Christmas (CC) Project team in this crucial role behind the scenes role, making it all happen, supporting the operations team, warehouse staff and transport team who will deal with almost 50 tons of food and 100 vehicles.
Crisis at Christmas operates a network of temporary day and residential centres across London providing services and support for homeless and vulnerably housed people. We operate seven centres over the Christmas period (22nd December – 5th Janurary inclusive) serviced from our Warehouse and Operations centre. We rely on up to 10,000 volunteers who contribute their skills and time to make Crisis at Christmas happen each year.
- Ability to work in a busy team and to meet deadlines
- Experience of working with volunteers (desirable)
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of target audiences
- Empathy with the work and objectives of Crisis and the homelessness sector.
- Some knowledge of manual handling is useful
- Experience of a warehouse environment is useful
- Be positive, productive and have the passion to help end homelessness
- You will gain experience of working with a major UK Charity on a high profile and large scale project
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a team making a real difference to the lives of homeless people over the Christmas period
- This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of partnership working and communications in a third sector setting
- You will also gain experience supervising volunteers
- You will develop an understanding and get practical experience of how to plan and manage a large scale event
- On the job training and any other relevant training will be provided
- Informative and structured induction to the role and organisation
- One to ones with a designated supervisor
- Travel (within Greater London) and lunch expenses reimbursed.
- To work with the Operations Manager and Volunteering team and respond to enquiries from volunteers quickly and courteously, both by phone and by email
- To assist with the running of briefings for Logistics volunteers
- To help with organising and managing volunteers during set up and close down of the centres
- To update the CC-Online, the Christmas intranet via a content management system
- To assist with the co-ordination of the transport service for Crisis at Christmas when required
- To support other members of the Crisis at Christmas team with tracking and maintaining equipment hired
All Crisis volunteers are asked to:
- Comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times
- To maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all accessible information about members and the organisation