When: 1-2 days per week, 10:30am – 3:30pm (December 2021 – June 2022, although times and dates negotiable). Occasional evening work may be required.
Role reports to: Events Coordinator
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Working within the Community and Events Fundraising Team to organise a range of Crisis events and activities such as Step Forward, Race to End Homelessness and our Virtual Events. By joining our Community & Events Fundraising Team, you will also be supporting the team to organise and deliver its key flagship events and ensure excellent supporter experiences.
Through your role, you will also support with stewarding a range of supporters over the busy Christmas period including individuals, community groups, religious organisations and educational establishments, and consider ways this can be optimised.
- Good communication skills, particularly written
- Good administrative skills and familiarity with software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Good timekeeping and reliability
- Non-judgmental, friendly and confident in talking to a range of people
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
- Be positive, productive and have a passion to help end homelessness
- Experience of organising events, developing fundraising products and stewardship of supporters
- Experience of volunteering for a national organisation
- The opportunity to share existing or develop new skills in a friendly, supportive environment
- A full online training and induction
- Opportunities to work with staff and fellow volunteers during the year and an invite to our member celebrations where you can help us recognise the achievements of our members
- Regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss how your volunteering is going and what other opportunities may be available
- Confidence in working with a wide range of people
- A reference from a reputable organisation
- Reimbursement of agreed expenses
- Working on events and projects to improve fundraiser engagement and experience
- Supporting and attending Crisis events as needed
- Stewarding supporters taking part in Crisis events
- Managing supporter enquiries that come into the Fundraising inbox
- Providing support with logistics and delivery of events
- Thanking volunteers and supporters for their support
- Creating content for our social media channels
- Updating records on our database to ensure high quality supporter care
- Providing other support to the Community and Events Team as directed
We expect volunteers to comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times.
- Travel, lunch and telephone expenses are reimbursed where appropriate
- We strive to ensure that our services are welcoming, remain relevant and are fully accessible to everyone that we help and support. We are particularly welcoming of volunteers from diverse and other marginalised communities, as this helps us ensure the best experience for those that we are here to help. People who have lived experience of homelessness are also particularly welcome to apply.