When: Flexible 2- 3 hours a week (Mon- Fri)
Role reports to: Arts Coordinator
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Enabling us to communicate with our members and the public using the best means possible. You will do this by supporting our team in scheduling posts on Facebook about our Art classes, art projects members are involved in and Art themes throughout the year. You will link this in with showcasing work in the Crisis Skylight building.
- A good working knowledge of Facebook and social media platforms, including how to schedule posts in advance.
- An interest in Art but you do not need to be an Artist!
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to use the internet, email and Microsoft Word
- Interpersonal communication skills with a particular focus on listening
- Good time-keeping and reliability
- Non-judgemental, patient and friendly
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
- Be positive, productive and have a passion to help end homelessness
- Workplace experience in a national organisation
- The opportunity to share existing or develop new skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Opportunities to work with staff and fellow volunteers during the year and an invite to our member celebrations where you can help us recognise the achievements of our members
- Regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss how your volunteering is going and what other. opportunities and training may be available to you together with an induction
- A platform for building confidence
- A reference from a reputable organisation
- Scheduling of posts on Facebook to share and promote the art activities of our Skylight.
- Researching Art in the community and nationally to post about on social media for our members interest.
- Creating Art displays in the Skylight of members work both on boards and on our digital display.
- Posting updates on our internal social media.
- Collaborating with the Art team to discuss new ideas.
- Occasional work with other departments within Crisis to share our work on Social media.
We expect volunteers to comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times.
- Travel and lunch expenses are reimbursed where appropriate
- We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and from people with disabilities